Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default How to connect a bare solar panel to a rechargable battery

In article ,
says...

You'll also need specialized tools to build and repair those, such as
a hot air desoldering station, reflow oven, solder paste, and various
chip manipulation tools.

Yep, I'm sure they sell all this stuff, but I'm not investing the money
in it. I'd probably spend several hundred dollars to get all this stuff,
then spend a thousand dollars to my eye doctor for eye strain, trying to
see these parts. Then I'd remove parts, which are not labeled, and after
wasting hours trying to understand it, I'd still end up tossing it in
the trash. I think I spent around $25 for this charger, and dont think I
got my money's worth out of it, but I am fully aware it is not meant to
be repaired. Like most stuff these days, it's disposible.

A couple of years ago I decided I needed to get set up for the small
stuff. As this is just a hobby I bought some inexpensive gear. The 10
x stereo microscope was the most at $ 200. The a hot air rework station
with a small soldering iron was another $ 60. Then about $ 800 for
solder wick, solder paste, tweezers and a few other things. The most
expensive was the pound of.015 inch solder that will last me a lifetime.

I agree, many things are not made to be repaired. The parts cost more
than a new item. Like one older battery drill. The batteries would not
hold a charge. For slightly more than one battery, I bought another
drill of better quality that had 2 batteries.