Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Flesh Sensing Kapex, Track Saws, Domino ??

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:53:04 AM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
As someone that literally uses his tools to make a living and buys
specific tools for specific purposes, I can say that most folks never
use their tools to their potential,

Surely, I fall under that category.

As do I. I may use some of them all day long, or use them to skillfully, but certainly not all of them. I use my carpentry/woodworking tools a lot and have developed a proficiency with them as well as other tools I use regularly in my business. Same with my spray guns and finishing equipment.

But the plumbing tools... it takes me 10X longer to solder a joint, flare a connection, etc., than it should.

You can easily make the same assumption with computer use. I use my computer to do my books, generate invoices, generate estimates, write reports, edit/annotate pictures, pay my company (and personal) bills, order materials, set up labor, general correspondence, to design my business cards, my stationery, do product research, contract research and on a on. I am on the computer so much I have two laptops (one I carry all the time, one for non-secure locations), a desk top and a tablet. According to the good folks at Microsoft, I fall into the category where I use about 25% of my computer('s) capability.

So I think depending on how you look at it, none of us use our tools to their highest use!

Robert