Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Flame Weeding: Why Not Burn Them Until They're Gone?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 14:11:46 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Neither of which are an issue in a space like this:

http://tinyurl.com/Burn-The-Weeds

I have two 80ft tall Canary Island date palms that drop a ton of dates
and, now that I have eradicated the gophers (basically) and since none
of our dogs are interested in eating the dates any longer, I get
hundreds of palm seedlings popping up.

I have given serious consideration to buying a weeding torch and
giving it a try. I have a lot of mulch in the area, and I am somewhat
concerned about collateral fire. Might be best to wait until the hot
weather is over and be sure someone is standing by with a hose.