Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Resistance measurements

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 4:50:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
But they are well suited for tube gear,
and can handle the high voltages in tube gear, which a lot of the
battery operated portable VOM's cant handle.

Maybe the Harbor Freight free-with-any-purchase DMM can't handle higher voltage, but I've never seen any DMM that can't handle tube gear voltages. If you're talking about the old plate voltages of the horiz output or HV rectifier tube in televisions, no meter without an accessory HV probe will read those without some damage.

Unless you're doing peak and null, you shouldn't be using your analogue meters in my opinion.