Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Recognise this trace?

On Sun, 09 Jul 2017 13:24:04 -0500, Tim Williams wrote:

If it's your signal generator thing, yes, it's very possible / likely to
have dried out caps (excess ESR).

Yes, the nippley appearance is likely ESR. But, if you say it's okay,
then it must be okay. Right?

Do I detect a note of scepticism here, Tim?
I've checked all the electrolytics with my ESR/Capacitance tester which
is claimed to be able to test for ESR in-circuit so I didn't remove any
of the caps in order to test them. I'm relying on the meter
manufacturer's claims that it's not necessary to do so and in the absence
of any evidence to the contrary, I don't see what more I can do.