Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Flesh Sensing Kapex, Track Saws, Domino ??

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 7:53:04 AM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
As someone that literally uses his tools to make a living and buys
specific tools for specific purposes, I can say that most folks never
use their tools to their potential,

Surely, I fall under that category. Case in point is my torque wrench.
I may only use it once or twice a year, to attach a lawnmower blade or a
sparkplug. I have relatives that "do without", but I wouldn't be without
it (I'm such a "beast" I would screw stuff up : ) ). I'm soon ready to
use again one of those oscillating tools, that were highly-touted here,
to remove some thin-set (from under a few tiles). I'm learning that to
use tools to their potential, you have to put a little effort into how
they can be used. It wouldn't take long to persuade me to buy an angle
grinder from HF, I just have to learn more about what I'm going to do
with it. For instance, is it any good for demolition? I've got a too
damn-well built "umbrella table" that my wife got from free 5 years
ago. Cut the legs off yesterday with my ($25 HF) reciprocating saw
(another tool I use a few times a year, at best). The 8' table top must
still weight 50 pounds (I like to put it in trash bags). It's got a
heavy duty angle-iron steel frame under the top. A bit of a errant
post, but you can see I'm using a few tools, if not using them "to their
potential".

Cheers,
Bill

Going off topic here, but why are you putting the top in trash bags? Can't you recycle the
metal frame as opposed to sending it to a land fill?

If I put out any substantial metal the night before trash day, it's gone by morning.

Even if you don't have harvesters in your neighborhood, don't you have recycling bins
for metal?