Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 08:35:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

"Wh said the middle is where I would want it to be? But of coarse
anyone can figure out that simple math. "

Where you want it, vs factory specs, might
not be optimal for the way it was designed
to handle.

But then again, I like my caster a tad on the
high side, if a body/align shop is willing to
perform the surgery on a modern unibody to
get it there.

Within factory spec, on a vehicle designed with a fully adjustable
front geometry, what's wrong with setting it up to corner - within
factory specs - particularly when it does not make the car handle
badly or wear tires??? It had enough camber to make it hold the road
like it was glued, and self center well, without requiring excessive
steering effort - even with manual rack and pinion steering and
over-sized tires.