Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default making a wagon wheel

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:10:29 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

misterroy wrote:

I accidentally started watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JVcE8gho4k interesting.

That popped-up on my recommended youtube feed yesterday

Damn you !!

I managed to avoid watching it ... until now :-)

Just watched it. I love that these skills are still around. ;-)

I watched it too, along with another 4 or 5 videos culminating in a 24
minute episode called "Temporary Governor" starring Ronald Reagan which I
started skipping through after the first ten minutes before finally
discovering its connection to the classic 20 mule borax wagon train as
the background scene in the end credits!

As per usual, I'd spent a (mere in this case) whole two hours of
following You Tube's breadcrumb trail before finally realising that I'd
been suckered yet again into watching more You Tube footage than was
strictly necessary.

Gah! It happens *every* time. Will I ever learn? Actually, I did learn
something - all about the role of the 20 mule Borax wagon trains in the
extraction of Borax from Death Valley up until the advent of motorised
transport in the 1930s. Unfortunately, I doubt such knowledge is ever
likely to be of any use in everyday small talk. :-(

--
Johnny B Good