Tony Hwang

Default Anyone used Roxul insulation?

Hi,
Speaking of HD(American) and Rona(Canadian, BeaverRevyRona), prices
are often better at HD for identical item.
Tony

wrote:
On 22 Oct 2003 20:34:34 GMT,
(Chris Lewis) wrote:

According to :

Well in Canada the biggest downside is Home Depot has an exclusive on it.
Can't buy it anywhere else.

What!!???

I've bought the stuff from Beaver, and I'm pretty sure the catalogs for
several other chains (like Home Hardware) show it.

Roxul is made in Guelph, Ontario and Grand Forks BC.

For Ontario, their web site says:

I'm in BC.
http://199.202.236.133/canada/where_...=1&type=Retail

"Available through all retail building supply dealers."

Oh, I see, it looks as if Manitoba and westwards are HD only for retail.

BUT it's almost 30% cheaper than buying the pink with a higher R value too
boot!

That's largely a matter of spot market demand. I've seen the cost comparison
go either way.

I think I can live with the down sides if Home Depot ever gets it in in
24x6 batts. Supposed to be in stock by the end of the month.

Beaver has carried that for _years_. Not exactly a new product.