Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cap Leakage

On Saturday, 15 July 2017 13:09:57 UTC+1, ABLE1 wrote:

Tom, NT, Phil, Thanks for all the input.

I get the idea on cleaning. BTW as for "Contact Cleaner" I was
referring to this one.

https://www.zoro.com/crc-electronic-...00/i/G8578595/
Or similar, but may not be the most desired.

Phil, as for the term "Circuit Board Cleaner" is there a specific brand
that you use??

Presently searching for replacement caps. Once I acquire them I will
dive into this project.

Another question: Concerning the chip that has been effected. Can or
could the electrolyte leach into the chips at the pins and cause
problems with the chip in some way?? Or is the chip considered
hermetically sealed is some fashion??

Thanks again!! Do appreciate the insight.

Les

if they weren't sealed they wouldn't last long

NT