Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Patching bare spots in the yard for Dummies

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 7:12:46 AM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
rbowman wrote:
On 07/14/2017 01:52 PM, songbird wrote:

...important context removed?...
buying random seed at the hardware you could end
up with a pretty rotten looking result.

As long as the result is green... My lawn is a textbook model of
diversity including species that are not grasses in any way shape or form.

why would you edit out my previous words when
they are important to the context of the remark?

i'd previously said that "if you cared about
the looks..." which is pretty clear that my
comment doesn't much apply to you.

Even if they care about the looks, unless they are real lawn
fanatics and know what specific grass was originally planted,
expecting the typical homeowner to be able to match the grass,
buy the correct one to match, when fixing a spot is asking a lot.
Even among the same species of grass, there can be a big
difference in appearance and typical homeowner isn't going
to be able to determine much of anything, unless they already know.
It would be a good idea to keep a note of what was used, if you even
know, but IDK anyone that does that. And most of the seed sold is
a mix of varieties anyway, further complicating what you can do.