Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Flesh Sensing Kapex, Track Saws, Domino ??

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 7:47:39 PM UTC-4, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 10:47:51 PM UTC-4, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 10:30:14 PM UTC-4, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 9:20:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:42:23 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

snip

What does owning a particular brand of (quality) tools have to do with it?

Where's the "emotional" comparison between your feelings about Gass and someone
else's choice of manufacturer?

Also an emotional decision. For most purposes most Festools aren't any
better than the competition in the same price range.

First, there really isn't any close competition for many of their
tools. The first Festool I bought was the track saw. At the time,
anyway, it was about the same price as the competition but they didn't
have close to the variety of accessories that Festool offered. No
competition at all. You could argue that their jigsaws are comparable
with Bosch. I don't think you're going to find competition for the
Domino.

...or are you just jealous that others have what you can't afford?

I'm also scratching my head about the link between Festools and Gass.
I understand not buying SawStop because of the horse's ass but having
a hair across your ass for Festool because of Gass??? Weird! Just
weird.

I'm guessing it was an emotional response. ;-)

The point is that Leon is criticizing others making "emotional" decisions
when he has a bunch of Festools that he bought on the basis of emotion.

Were you there when he bought them? Did you have your couch and note pad with you?

"So Leon, tell us how you were feeling when you bought the Kapex."

Hey, if he knows what's going on in my mind then I get to know what's going
on in his.

I'm not really interested in discussing Leon.

Sez the guy who brought up Leon in the first place.

plonk

I must have hurt his feelings.