Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default buried conduit for electrical work, some questions.

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 17:23:31 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:46:38 -0700
You won't regret having the box above ground! I know it's a pain
BUT...it's a good excuse for the use of explosives.

^ 5 !!!!

I would recommend bringing the junction box above ground and then
putting an object over it to hide it..if thats an issue. Little
wishing well, statue of Athena, etc etc. And be SURE To either bring
it up on well wrapped steel pipe, or bring it up on a steel post
(tarred) and then attach PVC conduit to the bottom of it. If you
bring it up on PVC with no other supports..within 5 yrs it will have
cracked in half and need replacing cause the box will be laying at an
angle ...dangling. Unless you cover it with a wishing well, statue of
Athena, etc etc etc

Make that Lucy Lawless as Xena, wot?

As it is, plan N the umpteenth - will replace the plastic conduit
with metal - that way I "only" have to dig another 2" or so to get it
in code (six inches down) and not have to make it 19" down. Route
that up into the shed via the current access port (up through the
frame), do all the fancy splicing and dicing inside the shed, the out
the other wall, down the outside, six inch trench through the old
gravel parking space/ future "patio/deck" area up the outside wall and
in. Install box on wall - call it Helen.
"Simple" - he says.

"Call for Pete from a Mr. Murphy. Pete, please access the white
phone."

But first, time to set the charges and blow this popsicle stand.

Be a good lad and post the video of that, won't you?

p.s. Oh yes, I can cover it up, if need be - with a couple old
fashioned milk cans.

Spot on, old sport.

-
If ever the Time should come, when vain and aspiring

Men shall possess the highest Seats in Government,

our Country will stand in Need of its experienced

Patriots to prevent its Ruin.
-- Samuel Adams