Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 18:27:41 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

"The Firenza isn't an R16 The Firenza spec was -1
Rhe renault would be in spec at -3.66 - as long as both wheels were
the same. "

Clarify?

Simple. My Vauxhaull Firenza was apec'd at -1 degree camber. I think
it was actually closer to -1.5 Had NO tire wear issues with the
oversized tires installed on it for over 7 years

A Renault R16 was specc'd at +1 to -3.66
If it was set at +1 on trhe left and -3.66 on the right it would
"technically" be within spec, but would be turning very tight tight
turns as soon as you took your hands off the wheel.
Properly set up at about -2 on each side, it would corner like a
fiend, carving corners like a knife, and holding on to the road as if
it had claws.