Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default buried conduit for electrical work, some questions.

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:55:36 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:29:43 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news
Or
do I put a tee of some sort underground and mark it well ("Under
this
rock is the junction box.")?

Any suggestions? My regular "All things electrical" guy is out to
lunch - er just got married. So he's a little distracted these
days.

"Handhole Enclosures" for buried wiring junctions:
http://www.hubbellpowersystems.com/c...ures/U-104.pdf

-jsw

Those work..assuming the connections are WELL waterproofed and there
is a good deep layer of gravel under them for drainage. For Pyotr's
application..Id bring the splice above ground..above water level. And
those enclosures are a tidy bit of money. Ive installed quite a number
of them over the years...security, phone/communications etc etc.

Sounds logical to me, too.

Hell...bring up both pieces of conduit..make the splice, seal well
with RTV and GOOD tape, and slide a 3' section of gray PVC pipe and a
end cap over both conduits. Easy to get on, easy to get off and scraps
are easy to find. Hit it with Krylon paint for plastic in ones choice
of colors and voila! $20 at most for a life time of security.

snort Um, a coupla 6" pipes filled with concrete (bollards) -right-
next to it on the driveway side are necessary if you truly want that
"life time of security" for it. Otherwise, the bright paint draws
drunks.

-
If ever the Time should come, when vain and aspiring

Men shall possess the highest Seats in Government,

our Country will stand in Need of its experienced

Patriots to prevent its Ruin.
-- Samuel Adams