Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default OT Washing Machines

On 13/07/2017 12:58, Graeme wrote:
In message ,
whisky-dave writes

I reemebr my mum using a dual tub version , where yuo took the washing
out of teh water section then into the spin dryer.

Twin Tub. Yes, I had one when I bought my first house in 75. Great fun
having to remove the wet stuff from one tub, and dump in the spin tub. I
had a pair of wooden tongs for that job.

My parents had one (when the single tub one with power mangle packed
up). A peculiarity was that you filled the wash tub through the drain
hose - there was a tethered rubber ball thing that sealed it when you
were running it as the pump worked all the time the impeller was
operating - probably the same motor. There must have been a separate
pump for the spin dryer tub, presumably from the spinner motor. It had a
water heater so you could keep the wash water hot - you used the same
water for multiple batches of laundry, starting with the cleaner items.

--
Max Demian