Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On 7/9/2017 9:03 PM, Xeno wrote:
The MARKET sets the price. Do you really think, for example, that a
$50,000
Rolex Watch tells better time than a $50 Timex watch?

Sometimes they do - and that Timex will not be keeping time 45 years
from now, while the Rolex likely will. My Dad's old Rolex Tutor was
just cleaned and ovehauled - it is 65 years old

A Rolex is something that will be handed down for generations. A Timex
will be lucky to last for a single generation.

But the Timex will be good enough, and it's replacement will cost way
less than the service on the Rolex I would think.

My first watch was a Timex that had stopped working for my dad. I banged
it around a bit, it started working, and I used it for more than 10 years.

Ever wonder why those old ads showed Timex's getting the cr*p beat out
of them and still ticking. That's because that's what keeps them ticking.