Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Replacing an electrical outlet with 3 sets of wires

In article ,
says...

Whenever I had a lot of wires in a box and I knew there was no room for wire nuts, I used the push in connectors because that type connector took up a lot less room in a box. I'd come out of the connectors with pigtails for the wiring devices. Those connectors are also the fastest way to connect wires when changing a florescent ballast. ?(?)?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ideal-10-...391S/202911032

https://tinyurl.com/puwr4lu

[8~{} Uncle Connected Monster

I have used a few like those in the last few years. There are also some
similar called something like walnuts. Those have a lever at each
position so they can be reused very easy.

I wish they had those out when I was working or atleast I wish I had
known about them. Used thousands of wire nuts replacing ballasts.
With around 6 to 8 per ballast you use a lot.