Brent Barkow

Default Questions on siding over asbestos shingles

"Genemy" wrote in message ...

one method that works to cover asbestos siding.

Install strapping or 3" strips of 3/4 plywood vertically with tapcon screws.
install over existing studs (screw where the bottoms of the asbestos siding
lap).
then install new siding.

(T1-11 would not be my 1st choice)
the cap flashing in between sheets is very tacky to look at on a house.

I'm going to check out all of this advice further. I wanted to get
started in the spring, so I have some time.

As far as the T1-11, what I was actually looking at was the
HardiPanel. I guess I was mistaken and thought that it was T1-11, when
actually it was something else.

Thanks again everybody,
Brent