Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeBlow JoeBlow is offline

Default Normal A/C on / off cycle durations?

replying to Mike Name, JoeBlow wrote:
We keep our thermostat set on 78 in the summer. If we were to set it at 73 we
would have to wear sweatpants and socks just to keep from freezing! 73 is what
our basement temp is and it's too chilly down there. I like sitting around in
my underwear and a t-shirt during the summer, so 73 would be too cold. Plus,
we don't want to give any more money to the energy company than we have to! In
the winter we set it on 67 and bundle up in sweat pants and sweat shirt and
socks. Plus, when I'm sitting down, I have a blanket covering my feet and
legs.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-128958-.htm