Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Pocket hole miter hack

On 7/12/2017 11:09 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 10:30:15 AM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

That's pretty cool!
I've often done the 45 on one with a 90 on the other thing, then sanded
off the point. Seems like it's easier to line up, clamp, and/or screw
and you don't have to worry about get perfect alignment.

But you're set-up takes it to a whole new level.

It is pretty cool. Leon, I think you should now do your YouTube video for this. No kidding, that is pretty helpful and ingenious as well.

Personally, not sure I would have ever thought of that.

So you have been doing this type stuff for 30+ years and I have too.
Neither of us have thought of how to do this and I have been making this
type joint for probably more than a decade with out giving a second
though as to how to make this easier.

And then the thought just popped into my head. Sometimes
answers/solutions just come to me with out much, if any, thought
process. One would think Kreg would have figured this out, I saw their
demo of the jig when I bought my first all metal Kreg pocket hole jig a
decade or two ago.

Had I put much thought into this I would take some of the credit.

This really could not be much simpler. I give credit to my, always
there, creator. ;~)

Robert

I sent the pictures and suggestion to Kreg. They seemed genuinely
interested and responded with a comment that they were sending this to
their woodworking test staff to try out.