Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default buried conduit for electrical work, some questions.

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 07:09:55 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .
Pete Keillor on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 06:22:30

Thanks. I'm just glad I don't have to dig far, or in caliche. I
just got lots of rocks - this used to be glacier till. Drains well,
but - rocks.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich

I've been fighting through rocks and oak roots in glacial till too,
enough that I acquired a rock drill and splitting wedges. "San Angelo"
and mushroom-head "Digging" bars help a lot. I pry rocks loose with
the San Angelo bar to preserve the wider, sharper edge on the Digging
bar for chopping roots. Otherwise the Digging bar alone would be
enough.

The rock drill with a long 1-1/4" bit is pretty good for loosening
soil.
-jsw

You're reminding me of a comment my uncle made years ago, when he was
discussing our family farms in New Hampshire. My family had farmed
them since around 1670. "What did they raise?" someone asked. "Rocks,"
he replied. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress