Edwin Pawlowski

Default Hardwood on stairs URGENT

"Chris" wrote in message
1...
I think he said the stairs were pine, a few of them have cracks the width
of the step. He did offer re finishing them as an option except for the
cracks.

I thought it would be possible to saw off the bull nose flush with the
riser, that wouldn't affect the strength of the stair, and just nail the
hardwood to the step. He has pieces that have a bull nose. They seem to
be the exact size. Then the same thickness of material would be added to
the floors and steps. That seems like it would work to me but I don't
install floors for a living so I might be missing something.

-Chris

If the floors are raised the same amount as the steps, it will work just
fine. The bull nose can be cut back flush with a sawzall. Sounds like you
have the solution.
Ed