Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default bending 5 foot dia circles of 1/2 or 3/4 EMT pipe

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 02:18:06 GMT, brian
wrote:

replying to Ed Huntress, brian wrote:
How about this relatively simple bender, ....with no sand involved?
Lady bends 3./4 EMT conduit
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=4ftPHtz9tzg_

Oh, yeah. That will do it. I didn't even pay attention to the early
posts, so I didn't note the radius you're working with. A single-side
rig like that, with no follower, is the way they have made big-radius
bends like that for many years.

That should work just fine. What I was thinking of was much tighter
bends.

BTW, just as I retired (last September) the publishing company I
worked for was starting up a new magazine just for tube and pipe
fabricating, including bending, of course. I think they got through
one issue before they realized it wasn't going to fly. g

http://www.fsmdirect.com/tube-and-pi...ber-2016-issue

Anyway, in preparation for it, I was accumulating everything I could
find on tube bending. The basic fact is that nothing much has changed,
mechanically, for the past 50 years or so. But computer control now
allows them to make some wild and crazy bends.

--
Ed Huntress