Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default buried conduit for electrical work, some questions.

Pete Keillor on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 06:22:30

There are a couple options depending on how much power you need in
each location. I assume the shop will require more.

If the shed power requirements are low, you can get away with feeding
it with ground fault circuits. They can be in seal tite flex and not
buried as deep. You can look it up in the code. I had the
electricians do that to my wife's stained glass shop because there are
only two circuits, one for a window unit, and one for lights and
receptacles. I hand dug the 180' trench, had to get around the
irrigation pipes, sewer line, and drain field. Caliche's a bitch.

Otherwise, in the past I've replaced the wire lugs below an external
disconnect with dual lugs made for the application, and fed the branch
from the disconnect.

I don't think I'd bury it. Some sort of junction box would be much
better.

Pondering all the ponderables. I'm thinking I'll just make the
connection in the shed, and route the second line to the shop -
"upgrading" the industrial strength extension cord so to speak.

Good luck.

Thanks. I'm just glad I don't have to dig far, or in caliche. I
just got lots of rocks - this used to be glacier till. Drains well,
but - rocks.

tschus
pyotr
--