Brent Barkow

Default Questions on siding over asbestos shingles

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:17:24 -0400, Baron wrote:
Please be aware that the asbestos shingles are like glass.

snip

thunder wrote
I would second this. The shingles should be removed.

snip

Thanks for the advice. I've been trying to find out from the city what
the regs are to remove the tile. This is a small town and nobody seems
to know. The state hasn't returned my email yet.

I've also been doing a lot of reading and asking around, and opinion
seems to be split as to whether to remove or leave on. I was really
REALLY hoping to avoid the hassle and expense of removing it. Surely
there's a way to get through the tiles without shattering them.

I guess if I have to take it off, I have to take it off....but if
there are any alternatives I'd sure like to hear about them.

Thanks again,
Brent