Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair
Bram van den Heuvel Bram van den Heuvel is offline

Default Switching between Internet connections WiFi & Ethernet

Given , Char Jackson
wrote:

Agreed, those are your wireless and wired interfaces, respectively, so
you're interested in interface 13 (WiFi) and interface 12 (wired). Just
ignore the rest for now.

Thanks for confirming that these are the two lines of interest.
12...00 26 55 d9 e3 44 ......Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
13...c4 e9 84 a1 4c aa ......TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter

Given that interface "12" is the antenna connected to the Ethernet port,
and interface "13" is the dongle connected to the USB port, I'll try this
next to force the connection to go to Ethernet (but I'll send this first in
case I destroy my network ... don't laugh ... I've screwed up before).

FORCE ETHERNET ANTENNA:
netsh interface ipv4 set interface 12 metric=25
netsh interface ipv4 set interface 13 metric=50

FORCE USB ANTENNA:
netsh interface ipv4 set interface 12 metric=50
netsh interface ipv4 set interface 13 metric=25

RETURN TO AUTOMATIC:
netsh interface ipv4 set interface 12 metric=automatic
netsh interface ipv4 set interface 13 metric=automatic

Before I screw with my network, how does that sound as a plan?