Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DGoncz DGoncz is offline

Default bending 5 foot dia circles of 1/2 or 3/4 EMT pipe

On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 8:18:06 PM UTC-4, brian wrote:
I would like to make some 360 degree hoops of either 1/2 EMT, or preferably
3/4 EMT for a model RR project ( helix construction). Would like to get approx
60" dia circle. Can you tell me how I might best go about this?

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...pe-639050-.htm

Certainly, mate; fill the tubing with (possibly wet) sand and bend it as though it were a solid rod; the peculiar "Poisson's Ratio" of the sand will make your tubing behave like a solid. Loverly, eh, wot?
Cheers,
Doug
Admin AT Replikon DOT Net also keeps the spam way down