Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Switching between Internet connections WiFi & Ethernet

On 7/10/2017 10:14 PM, Bram van den Heuvel wrote:
How does Windows 10 handle manual & automatic switching between Internet
WiFi & Ethernet connections?

Does it automatically switch based on the best signal strength?
Or does it automatically switch based on some test speed?

If I want to manually change from one connection to the other, how do I do
that?

# I have a desktop with no WiFi card.
# On a USB port, I have a $25 AC1200 TP Link "T4U" wifi dongle
(FCCID TE7T4U, IC 8853A-T4U) https://fccid.io/TE7T4U
# On the Ethernet port, I have an Ubiquiti Nanobeam M2 (802.11n)
(FCCID SWX-NBM2HP, IC 6545A-NBM2HP)

My two questions are
1. How does Windows automatically decide which to use?
2. How do I manually switch from one to the other?

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. What you are
asking sort of makes sense if you have a laptop that you take different
places.

On my desktop computer I have both Ethernet and wireless connections. As
stated Windows 10 picks the fastest connections.

The easiest way to change the connections manually is:

Right click the MSIcon on the lower left of the tool bar;

Click Network Connections;

click Changed Adapters Options;

Enable which ever adapter you wish to use.

In three click you can change your adapter.

--
2017: The year we lean to play the great game of Euchre