Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Download for Windows Live Mail Email Client

Web based interfaces mean that if you have several addresses with different
providers you have to keep logging in and out of different sites and of
course the format can be changed at will which is really irritating.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:11:10 AM UTC+10, Steve Walker wrote:
On 10/07/2017 14:28, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Biggles" wrote in message
news "J1MBO" Wrote in message:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/07/2017 10:28, Alaric wrote:
For many years I have used Windows Live Mail. However, I bought a
new
Acer laptop last week and have been unable to install it because MS
no
longer supports it. I tried to transfer it from my old computer but
not
having the .exe file in my Downloads folder I am stumped. Can
anyone
offer me guidance in this regard. I am computer literate but by no
means
an expert. My thanks in advance.

This link still seems to allow a download:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...dows_live.html

(at your own risk and all that!)

I was looking for an "outlook express" clone for windows 7 and 10 but
you
have to pay for it.....can't beat outlook express ......

I think you can.....Mozilla Thunderbird.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

Biggles

hate it... just tried OE Classic ...not bad but not as good as OE ....

It's all down to preference.

I use Thunderbird at home and Outlook at work, I prefer Thunderbird. If
it wasn't available, I'd use Outlook happily enough.

SteveW

What about web based email Gmail?!