Charlie Spitzer

Default corian vs staron

"houseslave" wrote in message
et...
Charlie,

Why wouldn't it look nice after you use it in a real world situation. I
have a laminate countertop that I keep in excellent condition and do lots

of
cooking.

please reread. a marble countertop would be a disaster. it will absorb
everything spilled on it. i don't know about you, but when i cook, i tend to
get things on the countertop. laminate is completely different. it's
plastic, as is corian.

ymmv.

"Charlie Spitzer" wrote in message

"houseslave" wrote in message
. net...
Why would anyone want Corian when they can have marble for about the

same
price???

who in their right mind would want marble as a kitchen countertop? it'll
look nice, until you cook the first meal. if you're just taking pictures

of
kitchens, it's a good product.

"EJ" wrote in message
"L. M. Rappaport" wrote in message
On 18 Oct 2003 05:38:04 -0700,
(Saravana) wrote (with possible editing):

I am in the process choosing new countertops. I checked the local
kitchen sales place and they were promoting staron over corian.

The
price of staron seems to be 25% less than corian but as for other
features does anyone have ideas on it? If corian and staron

matched
one to one then I might have to go with staron for its price.

saravana

You should also check the real thing. Last time I checked, I

could
buy granite in multiple colors for less than corian. There is a

place
that sells is just across the border in Canada and they will cut

it
and deliver and install it.

--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

OK, Larry. Spill the beans. How can I find those guys in Canada?

EJ