Posted to alt.home.repair
Troy Troy is offline

Default breaker response time

On 07/09/2017 09:28 PM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
When a breaker is tripped, it's always the main breaker, not the
individual breaker. Shouldn't the individual breaker be tripped first?

This is troublesome because I then have to turn off all individual
breakers with the main breaker on and flip each breaker to see which
one causes the trouble.

One of the best things I ever did was label each circuit on my breaker
panels. As I recall, ~50 circuits took less than a couple hours. Now
get to it!

As far as popping you main breaker, you'll need a meter like this to
solve that mystery:

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-MSR-.../dp/B00NWGZ4XC