Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 16:07:03 +0000 (UTC), Chaya Eve
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 11:16:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Interesting that you mention that. yes, there is always a range. yet
you mention that your tires meet the minimum specifications of the auto
manufacturer so they are good enough. Tires come in a rather wide range
of specs and characteristics and in your particular situation, you can
do better with other than minimum.

Now you are talking logic!

I buy on value. I never buy on price.

Hence it's a given that my tires are better than the OEM tires.

Better speed rating.
Better load carrying capacity.
Better traction.
Better treadwear.
Quieter tread (less aggressive than OEM since I don't go off road).

Knowing how manufacture's aim for economies of scale, I am sure my tires
cost more than the OEM tires did, but I don't aim for price.

I aim for logical value.

If, as you are indicating, the tires are NOT DOING THE JOB, it
doesn't make any differnce WHAT you paid for the tires, you are NOT
getting value for your pennies - much less your dollars.
The changes in specs that you have decided on,may well not have
bought you ANY improvement over the OEM tires. Did the OEM tires wear
the same way???? as quickly?
My guess is NO.