Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 05:51:13 +0000 (UTC), Chaya Eve
wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 13:22:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'd not be driving up and own steep twisting roads on $100 tires
either.

Is that really a sound logical statement?

Here's my super simple logic.
* The tires meet all USA legal specs for the vehicle including exceeding
the load range (105S versus 102S).

You imply that a tire that meets or exceeds the specs for the car is
unsafe, just because I paid $100 for that tire (mounted & balanced).

Maybe I'm missing something critical but I can't find the logic in your
argument?

A $100 tire is NOT a high quality tire. PERIOD. Yes, it MAY meet the
legal requirements, but it is, as you are finding, a 4000 to 8000 mile
tire, at best, on your vehicle on those roads. What year is your 4
Runner that it comes with 225 series tires - and what aspect ratio and
what diameter?