Chris

Default Hardwood on stairs URGENT

Hello all-

We are currently having maple hardwood installed. It was going to go up
the stairs as well but after removing the carpet on the stairs it was
determined that it would not be possible to put hardwood on the stairs due
to the type of construction. I appologize ahead of time because I am not
familliar with all of the terms. Apparently because the treads go into the
stringers and are not on top of them, it is not possible to replace with
hardwood. Does that make sence? Each tread has a bull nose and is nailed
from below to the riser above it. There are no nails in the tread itself
(at least none can be seen from above) and the ends go into the stringer.
He said he has seen someone once cut out the treads but when the job was
done the stairs ended up being completly replaced. I do not know if there
is any alternative. He is almost done with everything else and he was
going to talk to someone else for ideas on the stairs. If anyone has any
ideas please let me know ASAP.

Thanks-
-Chris