Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Chaya Eve Chaya Eve is offline

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 11:16:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Interesting that you mention that. yes, there is always a range. yet
you mention that your tires meet the minimum specifications of the auto
manufacturer so they are good enough. Tires come in a rather wide range
of specs and characteristics and in your particular situation, you can
do better with other than minimum.

Now you are talking logic!

I buy on value. I never buy on price.

Hence it's a given that my tires are better than the OEM tires.

Better speed rating.
Better load carrying capacity.
Better traction.
Better treadwear.
Quieter tread (less aggressive than OEM since I don't go off road).

Knowing how manufacture's aim for economies of scale, I am sure my tires
cost more than the OEM tires did, but I don't aim for price.

I aim for logical value.