Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Shellac + wax

On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 6:05:47 AM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
For the first time, I used shellac and wax on a table top. It looks great, warm and deep. But I'm concerned about durability. What has been your experience?

Thanks.

Dining table? Since you mentioned concerns of durability, I suspect there may be children in the family, hence dining tables are/can be targets for abuse. If you do subsequently have "damage", simply clean off the wax, repair the shellac finish, then topcoat with a more durable finish. Shellac readily accommodates top coating, of most finishes, that way.

Sonny