Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On 9/07/2017 3:51 PM, Chaya Eve wrote:
On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 13:22:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'd not be driving up and own steep twisting roads on $100 tires
either.

Is that really a sound logical statement?

Here's my super simple logic.
* The tires meet all USA legal specs for the vehicle including exceeding
the load range (105S versus 102S).

You imply that a tire that meets or exceeds the specs for the car is
unsafe, just because I paid $100 for that tire (mounted & balanced).

Maybe I'm missing something critical but I can't find the logic in your
argument?

The logic is *you get what you pay for*.

Cheap tyres do not perform as well as good quality tyres. I never buy
cheap tyres for my car(s). When the OEMs wear out, I usually fit
Michelins which I have found are not a great deal dearer than the OEM,
and in some cases cheaper, but they grip like baby**** on a blanket. To
me, grip on the road is a factor worth paying for. If you buy tyres on
price alone, you are doing yourself a disservice.

--

Xeno