john williamson

Default Condensate pump wiring

Condensate pump wiring

Group: alt.home.repair Date: Sun, Oct 20, 2003, 4:23pm From:
(HvacTech2)
Hi john, hope you are having a nice day
On 19-Oct-03 At About 21:15:50, john williamson wrote to All Subject:
Condensate pump wiring
=A0=A0jw From:
(john williamson)
=A0=A0jw Condensate pump wiring Group: alt.home.repair Date: Sun,
Oct 20, jw 2003, 5:23am From:
(HvacTech2) Hi
john, jw hope you are having a nice day On 19-Oct-03 At About 18:18:47,
jw john williamson wrote to All Subject: Condensate pump wiring
=3DA0=3DA0jw 0006b3d From:
(john williamson) I gave h=
im
the =3DA0=3DA0jw answer to the question he asked. Now you tell me how to=

do it the w =3DA0=3DA0jw he asked the question
=A0=A0with out j any relays. =3DA0 On topic, be specific. Tell me.
=3DA0=3DA0jw John Williamson
=A0=A0jw Are you telling me you don't know how to do it? =3DA0=3DA0-=3D3D=

HvacTech2 =3D3D-
=A0=A0jw=A0++++++++++++++++++++
=A0=A0jw John wrote:
=A0=A0jw No I don't know how I would do it without any relays, tell me.
Just jw remember he asked that it not affect the heating capabilities
if the jw condensate pump failed.
=A0=A0jw almost done John Williamson

+++++++++++++++++++

Hcac Tech2 wrote:

Well, there are 2 different ways you can do it. first you could just
break the commons to the humidifier and a/c
++++++++++++
John wrote

To do the above, the Aprilaire would have to be using the same
transformer as the furnace/ac and have to be 24vac of course. This I do
not know but If that is true, you could do it that way. I would not
prefer to do it this way but granted you could and be acceptable.

+++++++++++++++++++
Hvactech wrote:

or you could put the switch between RC and R
or RH whichever is needed and feed the humidifier from RC.
=A0=A0-=3D HvacTech2 =3D-

John wrote:
I would not even consider this due to the transits and current draw of
the solenoid. It could damage the thermostat or the cooling anticipator
circuit. It might work one time or a hundred times, depending on the
thermostat circuit. I would put this approach in the "jerry rig"
category. It would be very confusing for the service people down the
road also.

Not bad though HvacTech2, not bad

John Williamson