Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On 7/8/2017 1:07 AM, micky wrote:
In rec.autos.tech, on Thu, 06 Jul 2017 17:27:02 -0400,
wrote:

You ARE going "too fast" for the tires and conditions. Again - what
vehicle, and what tire - and WHAT PRESSURE are you running. Placard
pressure for stock tires is about 5psi too low for best cornering wear
on most cars - and for heavy cornering with front wheel drive mabee a
bit more. I generally run8 to 10 psi over placard pressure - and I get
even tire wear and very good tire life.

But doesn't the higher pressure make the ride a whole lot bumpier,
unless the road is perfectly flat?

I run 5# over and don't really notice any difference but handling is
improved. At 10# over I imagine you'd see some difference. May be
justifiable for the performance gains on tight turns.

In any case, it sounds like a great road to drive on. One of my
favorite drives was going over the Futa Pass in Italy. This is where
Ducati tests their bikes for performance on turns. There are other
roads with tighter turn, but they are shorter than this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ding-road.html

Notice the rules on passing with a solid line. This is common there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuq4RYiXPrI