Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 01:07:27 -0400, micky
wrote:

In rec.autos.tech, on Thu, 06 Jul 2017 17:27:02 -0400,
wrote:

You ARE going "too fast" for the tires and conditions. Again - what
vehicle, and what tire - and WHAT PRESSURE are you running. Placard
pressure for stock tires is about 5psi too low for best cornering wear
on most cars - and for heavy cornering with front wheel drive mabee a
bit more. I generally run8 to 10 psi over placard pressure - and I get
even tire wear and very good tire life.

But doesn't the higher pressure make the ride a whole lot bumpier,
unless the road is perfectly flat?

5PSI is almost undetectable and 10PSI on a 70 series tire still rides
a lot better than a "properly inflated" 60 series.