Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default heater inspection

On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 12:45:08 AM UTC-4, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
micky wrote:
I'm only acquainted with car inspection in Pa.and Md. but on TV I saw a
woman who bougght a used car, found out that the heater core was
leaking, and didn't take it for inspection until after she fixed the
heater.

Is there any state where that would cause a car to fail inspection?

Not enough information.
However, ANY leaks that were noticeable in any vehicle system would fail
the Texas inspection. Texas does not take the car apart for inspections
like in other states though. Nothing is removed.

NJ, MV inspection doesn't care about leaks, it's emissions compliance only. I don't see how any state inspection would spot a leaking heater core, unless it's pouring out. In warm weather, the coolant flow is off, there would be no leaking. The state was MA, why don't you google for what they check at inspection?