Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
micky micky is offline

Default heater inspection

In rec.autos.tech, on Fri, 07 Jul 2017 23:42:55 -0500, Paul in Houston
TX wrote:

micky wrote:
I'm only acquainted with car inspection in Pa.and Md. but on TV I saw a
woman who bougght a used car, found out that the heater core was
leaking, and didn't take it for inspection until after she fixed the
heater.

Is there any state where that would cause a car to fail inspection?

Not enough information.
However, ANY leaks that were noticeable in any vehicle system would fail
the Texas inspection.

Okay, that answers my question, there is at least one state.

Texas does not take the car apart for inspections
like in other states though. Nothing is removed.

She was in Massachusetts, which allows someone to get his money back if
he takes it for inspectation within 7 days of purchase, it fails, and he
tells the seller about this in 14 days. Even on an asis sale. But she
never took if for inspection.

My mother lived in Pa. and for years had a heater core that leaked. I
tried drilling a hole in the floor board and threading a wick through
it, under the carpet, but it didn't work. Maybe antifreeze and water
doesn't wick well, and anyway, the wick blew away after being in the
wind for 1000 miles. Pa. had inspection twice a year thne and I'm sure
this wouldn't have caused a failure, though Pa. does more than inspect
for safety. If you've go

Maryland doesn't inspect the cooling system at all:
http://coopersautoservicemd.com/mary...ion-checklist/