chris French

Default Off topic but wanted windows 98 disk

In message , geoff
writes
In message , chris French
writes
In message ,
BigWallop writes

"geoff" wrote in message

I heard that uS were withdrawing support for 98, 98SE and Millennium in
January - better get your updates in quick.

I think zdnet are keeping the updates going for a while longer, but don't
quote me on that. There is also the download centre on the MS website
itself that will keep the files stored individually for a few years more I
would think.

You can still access the updates for Win95 on the MS site.

According to:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;w98

Re Win98

'Microsoft will also continue to offer a variety of self-help
resources on the Product Support Services Web site until at least
January 16, 2006'

In accordance with the Microsoft Product Support Lifecycle, no-charge
support for Windows 98 ended on July 1, 2003. Paid-only support will
continue to be available from Microsoft at $35 per incident until
January 16, 2004. Support will also be available from some third party
providers.

Yes, but in case anyone misunderstands, the quote from Geoff refers to
direct '1-1' support from Microsoft - say on the phone.

I was just referring to the availability of download patches etc.

--
Chris French, Leeds