Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Countax C600h lawn tractor - anybody here knowledgeable?

On 2017-07-07, Mark Allread wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jul 2017 00:11:18 +0100, nomail wrote:

I've recently "inherited" this ride-on mower - it worked well until
yesterday but now the cutter drive belt tension is suddenly far too
slack, despite the tension handle being in the right place. The
tension adjusting nuts are on the end of a rod that's anchored on a
metal assembly (called a "DECK TENSION CRADLE WELDED ASSY") underneath
the front bumper - is this assembly supposed to pivot?

'Suddenly far too slack' implies that the belt has come off one of the
pulleys.

Or that a tensioner has broken, or a spring snapped or broken off.

Definite possibilities - and the easiest way to check is to follow the
belt around.

Judging by the two ride-on mowers I own, they were not designed very
well. (I learned to weld just so I could repair the steering on one of
them.)

Yes, I've done some spot welding on one of mine in the past. An old,
Honda engined, Westwood (so under the Honda brandname). It got to the
point where I needed to spend some time and effort on it so put it in the
shed as a retirement project. Trouble is, now I am retire, I don't have
the time to spend on it.

Its 30+ years old now so could be close to being enterable in some
vintage show somewhere - once I've got it back to proper order.