Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default need help with odd CRT monitor image

wrote on 7/6/2017 3:32 PM:
On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 2:47:59 PM UTC-4, Jeroni Paul wrote:
wrote:
https://na.suzohapp.com/pdf/service_...vp2_manual.pdf

https://na.suzohapp.com/pdf/service_..._schematic.pdf

B+ is 12v3, 12V and 24V good. i was thinking yoke, but they ohm out good, and look like brand new. no physical damage. looks like a few transistors are after the vertical ic, i'm looking at them now. not real good at following this schematic, so any help is appreciated.

thanks

In the yoke there are two coils for vertical and two for horizontal connected in series or parallel depending on the design, if in parallel one coil connection could be broken. The coils are connected together in the solder posts on the yoke, you may check there if some wire looks loose.

thats a great idea, i didnt know the coils were doubled up. i will check that for sure tonite. i was thinking of inverting the image, there are solder pads for an inverted header on the chassis board, and see what the image does. that would tell me if its the yoke or a chassis issue. does that make sense?

I don't get why your idea is not good. If you can flip the drive signal
polarity the image will invert. If the problem is in the drive circuitry
the half that is working will swap with the half that loses drive. If the
problem is in the yoke the image will invert, but the problem won't. No
need for fancy testers or widgets. Or maybe there is something I don't
understand about this?

--

Rick C