Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Warning, don't pour

On 7/6/17 1:40 AM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
On 07/05/2017 02:28 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
micky wrote:

So my question is, will pouring a little gas into the air intake
help to
start a car that has run out of gas

Not since about 1984 when gasoline powered vehicles put the pump in
the fuel tank.

Our 70 Dodge pickup has its pump in the tank, which is right behind
the seat. Kind of
scary when you think about it.

Our Ford pickup trucks had the tank behind the seat.
Never heard of one doing bad things in a crash but that was a long time
ago.

Yeah, I had a '77 Ford F-150 4WD with the 400 inch engine. That baby
came with two 25 gallon fast-draining fuel tanks- one of which was
right behind the seat. You could hear the gas slosh when you hit the
brakes or made a sharp turn.

In yet another another stroke of design genius, the filler necks were on
opposite sides of the vehicle. A real PIA at gas up time.

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.