Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Gluing Burned Wood

"Bob Penoyer" wrote in message
I'm making a cabinet with shelves made of plywood. Some of the edges
of the shelves were burned while being cut on the table saw.

The front edge of each shelf will be banded using solid wood. The
sides of the shelves will be held in shallow dados and glued to the
plywood sides.

I'm concerned that the burning might have affected the porosity of the
wood and, so, might affect gluing. I don't want to sand the edges of
the shelves since they're the correct dimension now. Will, say,
Titebond II hold the pieces together securely?

Yes assuming the edges don't look like you took a blow torch to them.