Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default $80 Ridge TS2000 Blade at Woodpeckers

On 7/5/17 8:03 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 11:10:14 AM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
For those who don't get the Woodpeckers email....
If you've been waiting for the chance to get a world class table saw
blade on sale, here it is.
$80 for a blade that is, from all reports, an equal peer to the Forrest
WWII.

http://www.woodpeck.com/ts2000blade.html

THANKS, Mike. I need to see what is in the shop now, but I just bought a new 10" miter saw a few months ago. I had a great saw blade similar in features except less quality carbide in my old miter saw and it cut great for about 10 years! My old saw blade resharpener told me that most good quality blades wear out because
users don't cut straight and cause heat/deformation because the blades have crap build up on the teeth.

That blade was on old Freud, made long before they painted everything red and was a regular, thick kerf blade. With just 40 teeth, it looks just like one of those in the link. Will be checking saw blades this weekend.

Good stuff.

Robert

I'm very curious about these blades, as I've never heard a single bad
thing about them. Only all great reviews. Apparently one of the
factors that sets them apart, quality wise, is the exacting standards
they have for run-out and matching tooth width.

They also claim a very high amount of sharpenings.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--