Posted to alt.home.repair

Default balance and fade

micky wrote: "
**GM cars did and maybe do use the Right Rear speakers to provide the
same channel as the Left Front (and Left Rear and Right Front had the
Right channel) and they did this to make up for the fact that almost
everyone sits in a corner of the car. I had GM cars for 21 years
although maybe the first ones (1965) didn't have a stereo radio? I'm
sure the '67 and '73e did and the sound was fine. "

I remember that! Been 25 years since I drove a
'81 Buick Century, and yes, the left and right were
flipped in the rear. I swtiched the rear speakers,
checked fade and balance, and noticed I had
much better stereo imaging no matter where I
sat in that car. I thought someone had added
rear speakers and simply crossed them up.

Silly GM!